GOM RESOURCES SDN. BHD. (205375-V) respects the privacy of individuals with regard to personal data.
A. INFORMATION COLLECTED
The Personal Data about you which we may collect includes:-
• information collected when you fill in or update your information with us, which may include personal data such as your photograph, name and contact details;
• the contents of all documents submitted to us; and
• any messages or comments you submit to us in whatever manner, which may include personal data such as name, email address and telephone number.
B. PURPOSE OF COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
By providing any of your Personal Data to the Company, you hereby agree that the Company shall collect, retain and use the Personal Data for the following purposes:
• providing you with services, benefits and after sales support under the Company’s business; and/or
• processing your application under any of the Company's programme (for example: Dealership application, Service Contractor application, Vendor application, Advertisement and Marketing activities, Service Job Sheet Request); and/or
• where relevant, marketing of goods and services and sending any updates, new products, special offers, advertising and/or promotional material to you; and/or
• conducting research on planning, product, goods, services, security and testing; and/or
• carrying out matching procedure in accordance with the law; and/or
• performing statistical analysis for various objectives in the Company and providing relevant information to the Company authorized agents, advertisers, event organizers, service contractors; and/or
• where you have provided your resume, considering you for any jobs that may arise in the Company; and/or
• purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of the Company’s business including for the purpose of which is relevant to support and/or or assist in any of the Company’s businesses (for example, providing information on you and on your working experience to fulfill information as required for the submission of tenders for projects or for fulfilling regulatory requirements); and/or
• where required by law, where the Company consider that such use or disclosure is necessary to respond to any claims or legal process, or where the Company suspects that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and/or
• where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or services as required by the Company (for example, to insurance companies who are arranging for the Company’s insurance policy and to banks who are arranging for salary remittances (for employees); and/or
• where a third party requires in order for such third party to perform functions or obligations as required under the laws, rules, regulations, by laws and/or guidelines (whether or not having the force of law) or as required by any governmental and/or non-governmental authorities, agencies or departments (for example, to external auditors who are auditing the Company’s human resource processes); and/or
• if you are applying as a trainee or has been appointed as trainee, in addition to the purposes set out here, for evaluating and assessing your suitability and if you are successful, for the subsequent preparation and execution of the relevant agreements and documents and administration of your appointment as a trainee; and
• making such disclosures as may be required for any of the above purposes or by law.
C. USE AND DISCLOSURE
• You further agree that the Company may disclose and transfer (whether in Malaysia or abroad) to third parties including but not limited to the Company’s agents, consultants, solicitors, auditors, employers, contractors, suppliers, partners, advertisers, network operators, associated companies, any relevant authorities, embassies, statutory bodies, regulatory bodies, organisations or any relevant financial institutions, any other persons under a duty of confidentiality to the Company, any referee whose details are provided by you, service providers, for the Company’s operational, administration and development requirements and to organizations who provide archival, auditing, professional advisory, debt collection, insurance, banking, marketing, advertising, mailhouse, delivery, recruitment, call centre, technology, research, utility and security services to use, disclose, hold, process, retain or transfer such Personal Data for the purposes of (B) above.
• The Company uses and discloses aggregated non-personally identifying information collected by us as part of the Company’s process of constantly improving our business.
D. IMPACT OF NON PROVISION OF PERSONAL DATA
• Please note that in the event that sufficient Personal Data is not supplied, or is not satisfactory to the Company then your application or request to Company for any of the above purposes as set out in (B) above may not be accepted or acted upon or the Company will not be able to provide the full range of benefits and/or services.
E. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF THE PERSONAL DATA
• Your Personal Data shall be stored either in hard copies in the Company’s offices or stored in servers located in or outside Malaysia and operated by the Company or its service providers in or outside Malaysia.
• Any Personal Data supplied by you will be retained by the Company as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the purposes stated in (B) above or is required to satisfy legal regulatory, accounting requirements or to protect the Company's interests.
• The Company does not offer any online facilities for you to delete your Personal Data held by the Company.
F. JOB APPLICANTS
• Personal Data provided in connection with an application for employment will be used to determine your suitability for a position with the Company and, if applicable, your terms of employment or engagement.
• You hereby confirm that you have duly obtained the consent of your referee(s) for the use and disclosure of your referee(s)’ Personal Data to the Company and that the Company may use your referee(s)’ Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
• Your Personal Data may also be used to monitor the Company’s recruitment initiatives and equal opportunities policies.
• Your Personal Data may be disclosed to third parties to verify or obtain additional information including education institutions, current/previous employers and credit reference agencies. Credit reference agencies record these searches and you can contact us to find out which agencies we used.
• Unsuccessful applications may be retained to match your skills to future job opportunities.
• Personal Data held by the Company will be kept confidential in accordance with this Privacy Notice pursuant to any applicable law that may from time to time be in force.
• Any questions, comments, suggestions or information other than Personal Data submitted to us in whatever manner will be deemed voluntarily provided to the Company on a non-confidential and non-proprietary basis.
• The Company reserves the right to use, reproduce, disclose, transmit, publish, broadcast and/or post elsewhere such information freely as set out in (C) above.
H. SAFETY OF PERSONAL DATA
• The Company uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data.
• For the internet, unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as completely secure. So while the Company strives to protect such Personal Data, the Company cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Data transmitted to the Company and individuals do so at their own risk. Once any Personal Data comes into the Company’s possession, the Company will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
• A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of the Company’s Website. For your own protection, the Company’s requires you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required).
• The Company web site (www.gomresources.com) may contain links to other sites and pages. By activating a link, such as for example by clicking on the banner of an advertiser, you leave our web site and Company does not exercise control over any Personal Data or any other information you give to any other entity after you have left our web site.
J. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
• Due to the global nature of the Company’s business, the Company may transfer your Personal Data to the other members of the Company (which may be located in other countries) or to any parties located in other countries (including countries that have a different data protection regime than is found in the country where you are based). Any Personal Data transferred shall be used for the purposes as set out in (B) above and disclosed to parties stated in (C) above.
K. RIGHT OF ACCESS TO PERSONAL DATA
• Under the Act, you have the right of access to your Personal Data held by Company on payment of a prescribed fee and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date.
• If you have any questions regarding this Privacy Notice or if you wish to request access to your Personal Data or if you wish to correct your Personal Data or if you wish to withdraw your consent to the Company for the processing of your Personal Data for the purposes as set out in (B) above or for the transfer of your Personal Data to the parties stated in (C) above, you may send your request in writing at the following address
Company : GOM Resources Sdn. Bhd (205375-V)
Address : Level 17, Tower 1, Etiqa Twins, No. 11, Jalan Pinang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
Department in charge : Legal Department
• The Company reserves the right to charge you a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
L. CHANGES TO PRIVACY NOTICE
• The Company reserves the right to amend this Privacy Notice from time to time without prior notice. The Company advises that you check this Privacy Notice on a regular basis.